Air Walker Boot
Applying an Air Walker Boot
May be applied in sitting or when in bed with leg supported – please note a long sock/stockinet must be used under the boot.
- Place foot in boot with heel back as far as possible – this is easier to do with a bent knee.
- Secure upper and lower liner sections with air pump centered in middle.
- Place plastic shield over liner – air pump must line up with hole on shield.
- Start with securing the strap at the ankle followed by:
- Strap on top of boot
- Strap over foot
Final position of boot after applying:
- Straps should be snug enough to hold boot in place but loose enough to fit one finger under to prevent problems with circulation.
- Wear as instructed by healthcare provider.
- Remove routinely and monitor skin for redness and pressure.
- If you experience any sensation changes, persistent redness or skin irritation, increased or excessive swelling or pain, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Wash with mild detergent and warm water as needed – air dry.